Northlake Eyecare Associates Is Open And Offering Appointments!
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the safety and well-being of our patients, staff and doctors is our top priority. Our team will continue to go above and beyond the expectations for optometry practices, so that everyone who enters our practice will feel safe. We are sure that you are well aware of the concerns about COVID-19, and we would like you to know the steps we are taking. These measures include, but are not limited to:
An Expectations Checklist—For All of Us
Precautions You Should Be Taking
- ALL patient encounters will be by appointment. Walk-ins will not be allowed.
- Your temperature will be taken before entering the building.
- All patients must complete a COVID-19 questionnaire upon arrival at the practice.
- Less paperwork. In most cases, appointments now require pre-registration on our website.
- We ask that you arrive at your appointment alone unless you are a minor and require adult supervision. Then we will allow one caregiver inside to accompany the child.
- Patients may be asked to wait in their car before their appointment, depending on how many patients are in the office at any given time
- We ask that upon entering our clinic, that you immediately wash your hands with soap and water or hand sanitizer.
- Anyone who enters the office will be required to wear a face mask. If a patient does not have a mask, we will provide one at the front door.
- We may ask you to leave the office if you show flu-like signs, cold, fever, or coughing.
- Staff will not shake hands with any of our patients. Please don’t take it personally. 🙂
- We will be practicing safe distancing within the clinic, and we ask that you do your best to keep a minimum of 6 feet between you and other patients.
Precautions Our Practice is Taking
- Appointment times are spaced further apart to ensure social distancing.
- Hand sanitation stations are available at the entrance and throughout the practice.
- Plexiglass shields have been installed at the front check-in desk.
- All of our staff and doctors wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including gloves, masks and face-shields.
- Patient chairs in the reception area are spread out at least 6 feet apart.
- Every office chair is disinfected between each use.
- Each pre-testing and exam room is disinfected after every patient exam, including surfaces, door handles and equipment.
- We regularly clean and disinfect railings, door handles, counters, reception room areas, and all spaces where public interaction
- We limit the number of patients in the office, or in any area at one time.
- We are aware of common “touch points” within the clinic, such as doorknobs, counters, keyboard, phones, credit card machines, pens, etc., and will be disinfecting these as often as possible.
- All reading material has been removed from the waiting area.
- Pens will be sanitized after each use.
- No signatures on credit card receipts – touchless transactions when possible.
- Deep cleaning occurs at the end of each business day.
- Follow up phone calls or telehealth video conferencing will be used as often as possible.