Scientists estimate that by 2050, half of the world—about 4.75 billion people—will have Myopia. Northlake Eyecare Associates in Atlanta is committed to helping control Myopia one patient at a time.
Myopia is the medical term for nearsightedness, a word you’ve probably heard more often. Being medically Myopic means that you can see clearly when looking at objects nearby, but that distant objects appear blurry. This eye condition is the most common cause of distance-related vision problems. There is also strong evidence that if parents are highly Myopic, it will be genetically passed on to their children.
Many children with Myopia discover they have it when it becomes difficult to make out writing on a blackboard or read signs from far away. The following symptoms could indicate nearsightedness:
- Blurred vision when trying to discern faraway objects or writing
- A need to squint to make your vision temporarily clearer
- Eye strain and eye fatigue
- Increased vision impairment at night
Ask Your Experienced Northlake Eyecare Associates Optometrist in Atlanta About the Best Options to Help Control Myopia
MiSight® 1 day Contact Lenses with ActivTechnology® from Coopervision is an Excellent Option:
Kids lead active, jam-packed lives. But whether they’re playing pretend, riding bikes with their friends, or learning new things at school, Myopia can make it harder for them to engage in the activities they love. And as they grow up, their prescription may get stronger too.
Fortunately, your age-appropriate children may benefit from innovative technology to help slow down the progression of their Myopia.1: MiSight® 1 day Contact Lenses with ActivControl® from CooperVision. This state-of-the-art technology not only helps correct nearsightedness – they’re also the first soft contact lenses proven to slow the progression of Myopia in children aged 8-12 at initiation of treatment. *1
When wearing MiSight® 1 day Contact Lenses, your age-appropriate child can experience clear vision, freedom from glasses and continue to enjoy the activities they love. 1,2,3
The Features You’ll Love
MiSight® 1 day Contact Lenses is the confident choice for your child. Of children aged 8-15, who had never worn contact lenses before:
- 95–100% of age-appropriate children said they preferred wearing their MiSight® 1 day Contact Lenses over wearing their glasses.4
- Children as young as 8 years were able to handle their contact lenses confidently soon after their initial fitting.5
- Convenient daily disposable contact lenses.
* Compared with a single vision one-day lens over a three-year period
1. Chamberlain P, et al. A 3-year randomized clinical trial of MiSight® lenses for myopia control. Optom Vis Sci. 2019;96(8):556–567
2. Sulley A, et al. Wearer experience and subjective responses with dual focus compared to spherical, single vision soft contact lenses in children during a 3-year clinical trial. Poster presented at AAO 2019, San Francisco, Calif.
3. Chamberlain P, et al, Further comparison of myopia progression in new and established myopia control treatment (MiSight® 1 day) groups. Presentation at BCLA 2019, Manchester, England
4. 95% - 100% of children expressed a preference for contact lenses over glasses at each visit over 36 months. Sulley A et al, Wearer experience and subjective responses with dual focus compared to spherical, single vision soft contact lenses in children during a 3-year clinical trial. AAO 2019 Poster Presentation
5. Children new to contact lens wear aged 8-12, n= 130 @ 1 month after dispense. Chamberlain P et al A 3-year Randomized Clinical Trial of MiSight® Lenses for Myopia Control. Optom Vis Sci 2019;96:556-567